Question #3 reminded me of my ex-girlfriend's favorite mortuary science story.
I had a girlfriend who was studying mortuary science, and was interning at a local funeral home. She told me a lot of stories about the kinds of things that happen when a human body undergoes mortification. The stories you hear about corpses moaning and shifting due to the displacement of internal gases? They're all true. (from what she told me, anyway)
Well one time, she was at work assisting one of the other morticians with a corpse, (like ya do) and she went to get something from a table near the departed's feet. When she turned around again, the gentleman on the table (who was naturally butt-nekkid) had testicles the size of beach balls! Apparently the scrotum is VERY expandable, and some putrefying gases had collected there.
The mortician just shrugged and poked the elephantine testes with a sharp instrument, deflating them. "It happens", he said.
I'd love to go to mortuary school, but I don't think I could really take it.
I'd probably find it highly entertaining. I assisted very briefly with a cadaver once, in my oddly advanced high school biology studies. College bio wasn't nearly so exciting.
But at least I know that cadavers don't bother me. I mean, dude, nobody is using the body anymore. I can't exactly hurt them.
From:
no subject
Question #3 reminded me of my ex-girlfriend's favorite mortuary science story.
I had a girlfriend who was studying mortuary science, and was interning at a local funeral home. She told me a lot of stories about the kinds of things that happen when a human body undergoes mortification. The stories you hear about corpses moaning and shifting due to the displacement of internal gases? They're all true. (from what she told me, anyway)
Well one time, she was at work assisting one of the other morticians with a corpse, (like ya do) and she went to get something from a table near the departed's feet. When she turned around again, the gentleman on the table (who was naturally butt-nekkid) had testicles the size of beach balls! Apparently the scrotum is VERY expandable, and some putrefying gases had collected there.
The mortician just shrugged and poked the elephantine testes with a sharp instrument, deflating them. "It happens", he said.
I'd love to go to mortuary school, but I don't think I could really take it.
From:
no subject
But at least I know that cadavers don't bother me. I mean, dude, nobody is using the body anymore. I can't exactly hurt them.